Sunday, July 26, 2015

In love in Taiwan

May 2015

After knowing her for quite sometime, I decided to go to Taiwan to visit her (She promise me to be my free tour guide) and also to take a quick break from my work (Working there is too busy and tired, before I knew it, I have been there for 6 months).

Although I tell my family and friends that I will be going there to visit a friend of mine that is studying in Taiwan, my true purpose is actually to visit her XD. As a result, my parents was shock that after they found out that I travelled 3,115 km to visit a girl I met online, looking back, I think I am quite bold.

   

03 May 2015 (Sunday)

Arrived at Taipei Airport about 6am in the morning, My body was rather tired from the 5 hours flights (0155 hrs - 0600 hrs)

Got a bit of food from the Taiwan's 7/11 store, brought a 悠悠卡 and waiting for the most important shop to open....
The unlimited data plan of 3G simcard for tourist.
As a backpacker, I would see this as the most important stuff of all.
Communication is the most important things of all.



When I saw queuing for the simcard and was wonder which telco to choose from, I saw one of the three telco suddenly open up 15 mins early then the expected time of 8am. As I am in a hurry, I decided to buy from this telco instead since it looks the same to me.

Lesson Learnt: A 15mins head start is very important, important enough to beat your rival.

After a 3 hours bus ride and checked in to a hotel, I went to 台中火车站 to meet her. My 1st impression of her, strong and independent. Her chinese is better than what I expected as well.

And thus, she started to show me around TaiChung. Travel to various places and street (夜市). Slowly, I start to realise that she herself aren't really familiar with the area as well as we started to get lost.

Lucky, I have my smartphone and data plan. I being to do my own research and start to recommend and plan the route based on google map and trip advisor while taking a break in a cafe.

 My 1st photo with her.



Taichung Science Center, the 3D movie are not as good quaintly but still good enough to make a lot of kids crying as the movie played.




Some Uni in Taichung, found this icon look alike to google map's icon...

By the end of the day, we chat about and become very comfortable with each other.

04 May 2015 (Monday)

2nd Day of the programme is to visit her University, Chi Nan National University located in Puli.

Managed to make my way there by myself to find her. Since its a University, it is quite easy to travel there as long as I follow a group of students that board the bus.






Her school is really beautiful, its big and the weather is cool all year round. I really hope that I could have study here as the environment here is really relaxing, unlike the schools in Singapore.




This is the library where she accept me on wechat. LOL, she is camera shy!




After visiting her University, she took me to Sun-Moon Lake. It is the key event that brought me and her together.




As you can see from the photo above, the sky is rather dark.





The rain started to fall and getting heavier and heavier as time pass. As a guy, I do not have the habit of carrying an umbrella. As a result, we end up sharing one small umbrella and we have to keep close to each other through out the rain.

For the next 2-3 hours, we joked and play around in the rain and a lot of funny things happened. One of the most funny incident is that when she board a bus and saw asking directions from the bus driver, but in order to keep the water from the umbrella dripping onto the bus, she tried to place her umbrella out of the bus's door (left hand if I remember correctly) and preventing me from moving in to the bus. I tried to take the umbrella from her to cover myself from the rain but she hold it really tightly, I also tired to make my way in but she already blocked the pathway.

She only realise that I was outside of the bus ditch in the rain after she finished talking to the bus driver. However, despite all this, I would get angry at her at all. All I could do is laugh and tease her, after all, her smile is so beautiful.

On the bus, I tried to hinted her if she had any feeling for me and tired to hold her hand. She did not answer me nor reject me, she just give a good squeeze on my hand and let go. I believe that our feeling are mutual, but what that is stopping us is the 'Long Distance Relationship'.

That aside, the rain still continue even after the bus ride back from Sun moon lake to Puli. Where we continue to walk in the rain (with just a small umbrella) and have our dinner.



It might look plain but it taste really nice! 超好吃!No MSG, No GST!






The dessert is awesome! Cheap and nice!
From what I can see in the photo, I feel that her smile is a lot more beautiful than the her smile yesterday. xP

05 May 2015 (Monday)

3rd day in Taiwan, today as planned, we decided (she suggest and  I agreed) to go to Tainan (台南).

When we meet up at TaiChung bus interchange. I realised that today she was wearing make up! Wow, so pretty and so beautiful! This is the 1st time I saw her wearing make up! I tried to be as calm as possible but deep down in my mind, I was so happy!

The bus ride from TaiChung to Tainan is a long 4 hours ride, but thanks to this long hours ride, I finally managed to confess my love and took my courage to hold her hand once more...

... this time round... she never let go...






As a result, my Taiwan backpacking trip become a dating honey moon type of trip! hahaha....






We been to 安平老树, Salt factory...








We came to realise that this salt factory are meant for lovers.




She got surprised when I suddenly kiss her! hehehe...





With that, 5 May 2015 is the start of our relationship.

06 May 2015 (Tuesday)

Suppose to meet my friend (Jaslin) instead. However, I was told that Jaslin will only be free at late afternoon. My initial plan are suppose to spend the morning alone in a cafe while reading a book, but since I have a girlfriend now. I decided to go to a school to meet her (Although she have a 10am to 2pm class) since I will be going back to Singapore soon (Every second of the time spent with her is very important now).

I meet up with her in Puli, where she took me to her usually breakfast stall.





After breakfast, we went to her school again when she went to attend her class while I spend the rest of the time in the school's study corner to improve her laptop.







After her class finished, we had lunch together in the school and being to explore around. Honestly speaking, her school is really huge and spacious. It is very different from Singapore.

Time Flies and soon, I need to leave her and to back to TaiChung to meet my friend Jaslin.





The rest would be quite simply as we went on for dinner in a Japanese restaurant where we have some causal chat like life in Singapore vs Taiwan, money, investment, etc.

07 May 2015 (Wednesday)

5th day in Taiwan where my vacation is coming to an end soon, we travel together to Taipei and took on to a train to 九份.







Its the 1st time I am riding a train in Taiwan since the main transport in Taichung is Bus (free for 1st 8KM) and Taxi in Tainan.
The train is quiet and comfy as we travel to 九份.
We didn't really talk a lot, we just enjoying each other company. :)







Our goal is to try every unique food there... hahaa... I end up putting on 1kg of weight, but it's worth it.







After an hour plus of walking up and down the street, we rest our leg at a cafe where we talk about how amazing this trip are and how did we both fallen in love. We both agreed that if not because of the rain, we might be having this conversion as friends rather than lovers.

That's might be how love work my friends, it's a about the right place at the right time with the right people.




Watching free movie in an old movie theatre, it feels like we are dating in the 1950s.





After this, we went to be to Taipei to visit Taipei 101 tower and had a light dinner at Ding Tai Feng. It is said that the food is better than the Singapore outlet! Can't wait to try it out!



It is always the landmark of Taiwan and it is really beautiful and romantic at night.








Not willing to pay hence I decided to take a photo of it instead. XP









It's freezing on the top if the tower! But we did not regret for not bring any jacket as we end up hugging each other tightly. Hahaha.







The next stop is ShiLin night market! Supper! Food! Bubble Tea!




Didn't really took much photo here as it is too crowded. The night market is really different from the Singapore night market. The people are more friendly here and the food is cheap and nice!

There just one funny incident where we drink to buy a bubble-tea before we leave the night market. We were discussing some-thing while ordering the bubble-tea (of course, we already paid for it) and we simply leave the stall and leave without the bubble-tea. We only realise it after we walk a for some distance later. Upon realising it, we rush all the way back like its the end of the world to get it. Lucky for us, the drinks is still there.

Whew.... Lucky lucky....

08 May 2015 (Friday)

Last day at Taiwan where I will be taking a 1955pm flight back to Singapore. It is also the day where I regret for not booking the ticket on friday instead of Sat or even Sun. I really hope that I could spend even just one more day with her. We both cry together in the morning when I shared with her the song '孤单北半球 2015' while she shared with me the song '最重要的决定'

Without wasting much time, we start to walk around 西门丁another popular tourist spot and to look for more famous food again.




I was carrying her bag for her...







I start to realise that when she really wanted to take a photo of herself, she will take off her glasses and ask me to take again. :)






FYI, she simply borrow my fried chicken chop to take photo only, I end up eating 90% of it.






Checking out of the hotel, of cuz she feel moody about it as I will be flying back to Singapore soon.



This is the final photo I took before I board the plane. Which conclude the end of my Taiwan trip. After I went back and those my family and friends about my story, all of them are surprise about it and some even shocked to know about it.

Even till now, We both made an effort to video chat every night, update each other with our life, etc.

My next trip, would be Vietnam, her country.

 

No comments: